IS AFFORDABLE HOUSING A FUNDAMENTAL HUMAN RIGHT ? - PROTECTED AND PROVIDED FOR THROUGH STATUTES THAT COMPLY WITH GOOD PUBLIC POLICIES ?
FREE PRIOR INFORMED CONSENT
JAN 7TH SINCE TIME BEGAN - IN TRUTH WE TRUST ADE 2017
Reports have arrived at out desk from complainants who have utilized the quasi-judicial administrative tribunal procedures available in British Columbia for tenancy civil dispute resolutions - in this matter, specifically, through the Residential Tenancy Branch's Dispute Resolution services - that they have been required to endorse and comply with confidentiality agreements on matters arising through the adjudication; and, that the Respondents will pursue civil damages relief in the event that the Complainant breaches this evident prohibition.
It would seem to be an imperative matter of good public policy for the NDP government to - forthwith - review and improve the operations at RTB BC; namely :
- Install all provisions for compliance with the Rules of Natural Justice; including, but, not limited to :
- Complying with other statutes such as the Legal Profession Act, BC - wherein, all staff conducting legal opinions are practicing lawyers
- All cases are recorded and preserved at the expense of the RTB within an accessible library (similar to UIC CUBS)
- All cases are conducted within a public venue; where the general public may attend; and,
- Where the Complainant options to have the adjudication conducted in writing only (avoiding the oral hearing - and, ensuring an available record for matters of judicial review) that such written submissions and exchanges for the full and preserved body of case law on that disputed matter are available for research by the public at no expense; in person at an RTB office; or, electronically; and, to
- Provide adequate and equitable state funded competent legal counsel of choice to both either party to the dispute as a matter of good public policy - and, in this matter where the RTB is a statute driven organization - that all Charter provisions are included into the prevailing statute and procedures
FIFTY PER CENT OF CITIZENS ARE TENANTS
Twenty Percent Are Seniors - Single Parents Living In Poverty And Raising Two Children Are Twenty Per Cent
We have had to ask the question
"... IF BRIBERY and CORRUPTION are SO BAD, then why are they evidently SO RAMPANT? ..."